- We have a close to 100% success rate in the National Interest Waiver category. That means with an exception of 1 or 2 cases, all of our clients who have applied for NIW since 2007 got approval! The following is the list of field of endeavors our NIW clients worked on:
Finance: financial modeling; equity markets; investment banking
Marketing: marketing science
Management: general management; entrepreneurship; real estate analysis; real estate development; cross-border real estate development; marketing; marketing research
Information Technology: computer engineer; neurol networks; statistics
Engineering: mechanical engineering; electronic engineering
Education: secondary and higher education; teaching English as foreign language
Legal: international law; environmental law; international environmental law; real estate transaction
Healthcare: healthcare administration
Bioscience: muscular dystrophy; oncology; bioinformatics; ion channels; programmed cell death; longevity; food & drug; pulmonary disease; proteomics; biochemistry; protein folding and numerous others.
Various Industries: Recycling; landscape architect; traditional Chinese medicine; non- profit foreign aid program; energy; manufacturing and others.
- National Interest Waiver (“NIW”) petition is the fastest route to US permanent residency for any applicant right now (August 2019). For India-born petitioners, EB1A is still the fastest approach.
- The beneficiary can self-petition without a labor certification or a job offer from a U.S. employer.
- As an employment-based immigration petition that falls under the preference category of EB-2, the minimum requirements for NIW are an “advanced degree” or “exceptional ability”. Advanced degree can be met by a master’s degree or a Bachelor’s degree with over 5 years of progressive working experience. The “exceptional ability” can be satisfied by meeting 3 out of 6 standards.
- An NIW petition or an immigration petition can be filed while the petitioner or the beneficiary is anywhere in the world. There is no requirement that the petitioner must be inside the United States and on any non-immigrant status to apply.
- As all other categories, the burden of proof is always on the applicant or beneficiary to establish that exemption from labor certification requirement will be in the national interest of the U.S.
- Unlike scholars and researchers whose achievements and reputations in the field can be easily documented by publications and citations, talented individuals in the business field may find it hard to document their achievements.
- NIW is the easiest self-petitioned US immigration category and it is anticipated that it will be backlogged even more severely than now. So Apply SOON!