Question & Answer* (Answer is on top of the Question)

Attorney said: March 2nd, 2010 9:30 am
Vicky, you can if your CSPA age is under 21 and you have applied for adjustment of status or immigrant visa within 1 year of visa availability.

Vicky said: March 2nd, 2010 9:27 am
My uncle has filed a petition for my dad and our entire family and now the petition has been approved. However, me and my siblings are already over the age of 21 but still unmarried. Are we still eligible for the petition?

Attorney said: March 1st, 2010 9:02 pm
Claudia, you need to ask your attorney about this question

Claudia said: February 10th, 2010 9:06 am
I was the derivative beneficiary of a petition in behalf of my father in sep/2001, but I aged out and married, now I am separated from my husband, the case is now at NVC…by the way I am F-1 student in U.S, can I still be considered derivative beneficiary when I divorce (I now that my CSPA age is under 21)…can i retain pririty date if my farher file a new petition..another solution?

Attorney said: January 28th, 2010 1:27 am
Omar, She will face the 10 year bar at the entry counting from her date of departure unless obtaining a waiver.

Omar said: January 27th, 2010 5:12 pm
I would like to know if I would be able to bring my fiancee on a K-1 visa. She Entered the United states from Peru with her family on a b1/b2 visa as a minor and they overstayed their 6month period by six years. She moved back to Peru Voluntarily 3months after she turned 18. She had an expired passport at the time and had to return on a “salvoconducto” from the Peruvian Embassy.

Attorney said: November 13th, 2009 5:17 pm
Jay, the visa number for your mom’s category is not current yet. So there is no point of deduction.

jay said: November 12th, 2009 2:18 pm
Sir,my aunt in usa filed for my mom in nov. 2002 the form I-130 in fourth preference and it has been approved now in nov 2009 by the uscis. My age was 14 years when it was filled and now 21.5 when approved. Am i eligible to be deducted 7 years on the basis of “CSPA”(as it came on august 2002)?? if not is it better to come in us on f1 student visa or some other way as my bachelors education is completing in 6-8 months in india?? thanks in advance…

Attorney said: October 21st, 2009 6:58 am
Y. Barrett. You would have to adopt your nephew to petition for him. One year of legal custody is required. Please contact our office for a consultation as to the process.

Y Barrett said: October 20th, 2009 10:30 pm
Hi Good day to you. I am a US citizen who have physical and legal custody of my Nephew who’s from the west indies. He is sixteen, and presently in the United states. I was wondering what type of form do I need to file to give him a legal immigrant status in the US?

Upon review and approval, this name will be posted online along with the message.

1 2 3 4 5 6

*Posting by Attorney is for information purpose only and can not be relied upon as legal advice without proper establishment of client-attorney relationship. Users rely on information contained herein on their own risks