Question & Answer* (Answer is on top of the Question)

Attorney said: July 31st, 2017 9:20 pm
You cannot petition them for green card until you become a US citizen. Hope this helps.

Wong said: July 31st, 2017 8:42 am
I am a US green card holder. I am age 35. My parents hold B-2 visas. They are living in the US with me, but they must leave the US every 6 months. Whether they can apply for green cards? Or, is there any way that they can stay with me for a longer time period (more than one years)? Thank you!

Attorney said: December 15th, 2012 2:58 am
The Chinese company does not have the required control and therefore is not a qualified affiliate if there are no other conditions that are met.

Dong said: September 28th, 2012 8:34 am
I m working in a Chinese company as a director. My company holds 15% shares of a joint-venture company in The US. Is my current company a qualified affiliate company of the US joint-venture? My company is looking to transfer me to the joint as GE. Can I petition a L1-A VISA?

Attorney said: June 18th, 2012 6:04 am
Jack, your action first depends on whether your employer reports the layoff to USCIS. Please give us a call for consultation.

jack said: June 16th, 2012 2:42 am
I was just laid off, 3 weeks after my I-485 filing. I have not received biometrics appointment notice and EAD card from USCIS. My wife has current H1B visa. Which of the following 2 actions I should take? 1. Apply for a H4 visa immediately. 2. Apply for H4 only when my I-485 is denied. In this case, I hope I will receive an EAD card soon and thus may skip the H4 application. Finally, is there any other solution I can take at this time. I deeply appreciate your advice in advance. Jack.

Attorney said: May 24th, 2012 3:25 am
She can do whatever she wants in life. But if she hopes to still adjust status on the same I-140, she’d better make sure her employer will not withdraw the petition prior to the 6 month after she is pending on I-485. Even though it is an NIW, but since the employer is the petitioner here, when the USCIS receives a withdrawal letter from the petitoner, they will likely to rescind the case. In addition, your friend need an employment letter from the employer to file adjustment of status. Now if the petitioner company does not care, it is entirely a different issue.

kumar said: May 24th, 2012 2:55 am
My friend’s employer filed NIW petition for her. Her I140 got accepted. She is from India, she cannot file I485 as the dates are not current (they are in 2007). Can she change employer. can she pursue PhD instead of job.

Attorney said: May 11th, 2012 8:08 pm
You don’t have to have authorization for volenteering and please send us your resume for an evaluation.

Naresh said: April 28th, 2012 12:47 am
Hello, I am an international student currently under F1 visa status… I am going to USC School of Cinematic Arts for my masters in film making. i have some distinct achievements in the field of filmmaking in my home country-Nepal and so filing for EB1(A) petition. My lawyer says my F1 status makes the case weak. Instead wants me to work or volunteer for production companies and get some job letter from production companies. I am a full time student and doesn’t have a social security or work permit so can’t even do that. I have some worthy achievements in my country that proves the extraordinary ability in the field of arts. Do you think, I can apply for the EB1(A) petition? thanks, naresh

Upon review and approval, this name will be posted online along with the message.

1 2 3 4 5 6

*Posting by Attorney is for information purpose only and can not be relied upon as legal advice without proper establishment of client-attorney relationship. Users rely on information contained herein on their own risks